Snapshot: Medicine Ball Clean
Medicine Ball Clean Description
The Medicine Ball Clean is a great full body conditioning exercise. This movement primarily trains your glutes, lower back, quads, hamstrings, and to a much lesser degree, your upper body. The traditional barbell squat clean is a poor choice for conditioning workouts because it is too technical, and the load dramatically increases chances of injury; however, substituting a medicine ball allows you to use a similar movement pattern with much less risk . Try mixing this exercise into circuits and throw in some higher repetition sets for killer cardio workouts!
Medicine Ball Clean Steps
- Stand with your feet shoulder width and a medicine ball right in front of you.
- Squat down to grab the medicine ball with your arms straight and your elbows just inside your knees.
- Stand up explosively with the medicine ball.
- As you come to a full standing position, loosen your grip and quickly drop under the medicine ball into a full squat. The ball should not move as you squat, rather you move your body around the medicine ball.
- From the full squat position stand up.
- Place the medicine ball on the ground and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Want to Get Awesome? Click below to sign up for our Fitness Jump Start!