Dumbbell Exercise Snapshot: Front Squat
Dumbbell Exercise Description
The front squat is an excellent dumbbell exercise for your quads, glutes, hamstrings and core. Many clients struggle to get into a proper position with a barbell front squat. In particular, they lack the flexibility in their wrists to maintain a solid clean position. Rather than stretching for months, try this exercise instead! The dumbbell front squat is easily and safely performed by most people. Grab some dumbbells and front squat!
Dumbbell Exercise Steps
- Safely clean a pair of dumbbells. The edge of each dumbbell should rest on your shoulder.
- Take squat stance.
- Take a deep breath. and brace your core
- Pull yourself into a deep squat while driving your elbows up, to help maintain extension in your upper back. Keep a flat back, your heels down, knees out, and your eyes forward. Avoid leaning to the side.
- Drive through your heels and stand up. Let out some air as you near the top of the movement.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Need a Fitness Kick Start? Click below to sign for only $19!