Kettlebell Exercise Snapshot: One Arm Kettlebell Swing
One Arm Kettlebell Swing Description
The One Arm kettlebell swing works your lower back, glutes, hamstrings, traps and grip! You can program this with heavier weights to build explosive power, or grab a lighter kettlebell for killer conditioning workouts.
One Arm Kettlebell Kettlebell Swing Steps
- Start with a kettlebell about 12 to 18 inches in front of you.
- Push your hips back, and squat slightly, as you reach forward for the kettlebell with one hand. Keep your shoulders higher than your hips.
- Grab the kettlebell and hike it back, pulling it high to your pelvis. Keep a neutral spine, your shoulders squared off, and your eyes on the horizon.
- Stand up tall and fast and swing the kettlebell to chest height. Exhale on top.
- Shadow the kettlebell with your free hand.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Want a Fitness Jump Start? Click below! We can help.