How to Make Sweet Potato Noodles and Chicken Sausage in Cashew Sauce
**Makes 4-6 Servings
Sweet Potato Noodles and Chicken Sausage in Cashew Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup water (more for soaking)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 package Alfresco Chicken Sausage
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2 cups baby spinach
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, chives, or other herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
Sweet Potato Noodles and Chicken Sausage in Cashew Sauce Instructions
- Cover the cashews with water in a bowl and soak for 1-2 hours
- Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place in a food processor or blender and add the ¾ cup water, salt, and garlic. Puree until very smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and diced up chicken sausage; toss in the pan for 6-7 minutes with tongs until tender-crisp. Remove from heat and toss in the spinach – it should wilt pretty quickly.
- Add half of the herbs and half of the sauce to the pan and toss to combine. Add water if the mixture is too sticky. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and top with the remaining fresh herbs.
Need a Fitness Kick Start? Click below to SIGN UP!