How to Make Lasagna Zucchini Boats
Lasagna Zucchini Boats Ingredients
- 4 medium zucchini (2 1/2 lbs), sliced into halves through the length*
- 1 cup low fat plain cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
Lasagna Zucchini Boats Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a spoon, scoop centers from zucchini while leaving a 1/4-inch rim to create boats. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese, egg and 1 1/2 Tbsp of the parsley. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer turkey into pan, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until browned
- Stir in marinara sauce and 1 Tbsp of the basil, remove from heat.
- To assemble boats, brush both sides of of zucchini lightly with remaining 2 tsp olive oil and place in two baking pans (I used a 13 by 9)
- Divide cheese mixture among zucchini spooning about 2 1/2 Tbsp. into each
- Divide sauce among zucchini adding a few heaping spoonful’s to each
- Cover baking dish with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle tops with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella, return to oven and bake until cheese has melted and zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and parsley and serve warm!
Need a Fitness Kick Start? Click below to Sign Up!