How to Make Healthy Chicken Parmesan!
Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
- ½ cup unseasoned wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 lbs. chicken cutlets
- ¾ cup marinara sauce (low sugar, low sodium)
- ¾ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
Chicken Parmesan Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a sheet pan with the cooking oil.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the sheet pan. Discard the rest of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese on each chicken cutlet.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve over spaghetti squash or edamame noodles!
Ready to make a Transformation? Click below to meet with a Coach and try a FREE workout!