Jenny RD’s Kitchen: Cozy Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad
Cozy Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad Ingredients:
- ¾ cup Low sugar dried cranberries
- 1 bag Baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- ½ Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked Red quinoa, kept warm
- 2 cups cooked Wheat berries, kept warm
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Olive Oil
Cozy Quinoa Butternut Squash Salad Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and add diced butternut squash with a drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the squash out evenly and roast about 15 minutes or until the squash is fork tender and golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach and dried cranberries and set aside
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil a little salt and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- While the squash is roasting, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sauté until it’s lightly caramelized.
- Add the hot butternut squash, onions, quinoa and wheat berries to the bowl of spinach and cranberries. Toss together to slightly wilt the spinach. Add the dressing and toss until well coated. Serve warm.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to Sign Up!