CHICKPEA PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY
CHICKPEA PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY INGREDIENTS
- Oil for cooking
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk (light or full-fat will work)
- 1 cup water
- ½ lime
CHICKPEA PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY INSTRUCTIONS
- In a large pot or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until onion begins to soften. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes; stir to combine. Add more oil to the pan if necessary. Partially cover the pot; cook for 5-8 minutes, until carrots become slightly tender.
- Add the pumpkin, chickpeas, curry powder, ginger, salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the coconut milk and water into the pot; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the carrots are fully tender.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, buckwheat, or other grain alternative; squeeze a wedge of lime over each serving.
Need a Fitness Kick Start? Click below to try a FREE workout!