Kettlebell Swing Snapshot
by Colin McGarty
The kettlebell swing is an explosive lower body exercise. It involves a hip hinge similar to the deadlift. The kettlebell swing builds a strong lower back, glutes and hamstrings and develops your grip. When performed for high reps it is a killer conditioning exercise that will leave your breathless. If done for lower reps, it is a fantastic movement to build explosive power.
1. Assume a shoulder width stance with a kettlebell several feet in front of your body.
2. Drive your butt back while keeping your shins close to vertical and reaching forward for the kettlebell with your arms.
3. Pull the kettlebell back towards your pelvis while flexing your lats and maintaining a neutral spine.
4. Stand up explosively and exhale.
5. Hike the kettlebell back towards your pelvis and stand up again explosively for as many repetitions as desired.
Ready to make a transformation? Click below to met with a Coach and try a FREE workout!