Kettlebell Exercise Snapshot: Snatch
Kettlebell Exercise Description
The kettlebell snatch is an intermediate kettlebell exercise that works your full body. Your hamstrings, glutes, and quads are the prime movers in this kettlebell exercise, while your arms and shoulders catch the kettlebell and fixate it over your head. Prior to snatching one should have an excellent kettlebell swing and have sufficient shoulder strength and mobility to safely bring the kettlebell overhead. This movement is excellent when used for high repetitions for conditioning, or in low reps for power.
Kettlebell Exercise Steps
- Lightly grip the kettlebell.
- Hike the kettlebell back between your legs.
- Explosively stand up using your legs to power the kettlebell up.
- As the kettlebell clears your shoulders, retract your arm with a quick acceleration pull, and aggressively insert your hand into the kettlebell.
- Punch through and lock the kettlebell out with your bicep close to your ear.
Ready to gt in AWESOME shape? Click below to meet with a Coach and try a FREE workout!