Kettlebell Exercise Snapshot: Single Leg Deadlift
Kettlebell Exercise Description
The Single Leg Deadlift is an excellent intermediate level kettlebell exercise. This movement will build strong glutes, hamstrings, and lower back, as well as train your balance! This is one of the best exercises for athletes as it trains the single leg movement pattern and forces them to stabilize their pelvis. We generally perform the movement with repetitions ranging from five to ten per side.
Kettlebell Exercise Steps:
- Safely pick up a kettlebell with one arm.
- Plant the opposite foot that is holding the kettlebell.
- Slowly hinge at the waist while keeping your front leg slightly bent, but motionless ,and your hips pointed forward. Keep your eyes on the horizon.
- As you hinge, bring your back leg out as a counterbalance to your torso.
- Hinge only as far as you can control the movement then reverse, and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Need help with your workouts or nutrition? Click below to get a Jump Start!