Jenny RD’s Kitchen: Kim’s Favorite Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
Note: Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 6 slices turkey or veggie bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- sea salt & black pepper
- 4 eggs
*Add diced mushrooms, bell pepper, etc. if desired
Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes Directions:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Peirce the sweet potatoes with a knife a few times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, pan fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- After bacon cools, cut into small pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then carefully scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. (Use a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around before you scoop out the middle).
- Mash sweet potato into the skillet.
- Stir in salt, pepper to taste and half the bacon pieces. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set. Cook for less time if you like a runnier egg.
Need help with your workout or nutrition program? Click below we can talk!