Jenny RD’s Kitchen: Crock Pot Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Crock Pot Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Ingredients:
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- ¾ Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium (uncooked) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
Crock Pot Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Directions:
- Add vegetable stock, garlic, carrot, apple, butternut squash, sage, onion, salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and nutmeg to a slow cooker. Toss to combine.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high until the squash is completely tender and mashes easily with a fork. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Use an immersion or regular blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, with a sprinkle garnish of cinnamon, cayenne pepper or smoked paprika .
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to Sign Up!