SNAPSHOT: Suspension Training Pistol Squat
Suspension Training Exercise Description:
The Suspension Training Pistol Squat is a fantastic intermediate level, single leg exercise for building strength in your quads, glutes and hamstrings! Most people lack the strength and flexibility to perform this unassisted, so using the suspension trainer for assistance from your arms makes the exercise more accessible. As you build strength and flexibility graduate to the unassisted bodyweight pistol squat.
Suspension Training Exercise Performance
- Grab the suspension trainer handles and step away from the anchor point. Your elbows should be at your sides.
- Extend one leg and hold it out in front of your body.
- Slowly sit back on the opposite leg, dropping until your hamstring touches your calf. Keep your heel down!
- Drive hard through heels and reverse the movement.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions.
Frustrated with your results? If you want to talk about your workout or nutrition program click below. We can have a conversation.