How to Make Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Chili
Slow- Cooker Pumpkin Chili Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey, beef or bison
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 14-oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ – 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Slow- Cooker Pumpkin Chili Instructions
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté the onions and peppers, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook thoroughly
- Transfer meat mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Set heat to LOW and cook for 6-7 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
- Topping ideas: avocado slices, green onions, low fat cheese, low fat Greek yogurt
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to schedule a Strategy Session and try a FREE workout!