How to Make Mini Stuffed Pumpkins
Mini Stuffed Pumpkin Ingredients
- 4-5 small pumpkins
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb Italian pork or chicken sausage, casing removed
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth (low sodium or homemade)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mini Stuffed Pumpkin Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out a circle on top of the pumpkin(s) making a lid as you would to carve a Jack O’ Lantern. Remove the seeds and any loose strings, then generously sprinkle salt and pepper inside the pumpkins.
- Place the pumpkins on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add the sausage and brown, stirring occasionally and breaking it into crumbles with a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked onions and sausage into a large mixing bowl.
- Add carrots, celery, cranberries, garlic, chicken broth, and balsamic vinegar to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and simmer until the liquid is evaporate, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables in the bowl with onions and sausage. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes, then add chopped walnuts.
- Whisk together eggs, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper, then pour over the stuffing mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer the stuffing into the pumpkin(s), filling up to the top.**
- Place the lid on top of the pumpkin(s), and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until the pumpkin skin is soft, about 45 minutes – 2 hours depending on the size of your pumpkin.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to try a FREE workout!