Jenny RD’s Kitchen: Autumn Acorn Squash
Autumn Acorn Squash Ingredients:
Note: Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 large Acorn Squash
- ¾ lb 93% ground turkey
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ¼ cup low sugar dried cranberries
- ½ apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp of dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp plain panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Autumn Acorn Squash Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the bottom and the top of the squash so you have flat surfaces on both sides. Then cut in half and remove all the seeds.
- Drizzle both halves with olive oil, season with garlic powder and pepper.
- Place the squash in the oven face side up and roast for 45-50 minutes.
- While the squash roasts, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add ground turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onions, celery, apple, cranberries and thyme and cook until tender.
- Add the cooked turkey back to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and gently stir to combine everything.
- Fill each squash with the turkey mixture and bake in oven for about 15 minutes until warmed through.
Need a Fitness Jump Start? Click below to sign up!