Dumbbell Exercise Snapshot: Single Arm Clean
Dumbbell Exercise Description
The dumbbell single arm clean is an excellent exercise to build explosive power and strength. This dumbbell exercise is a full body movement that trains extension of the hips, knees and builds strength in your hamstrings, glutes and lower back. Perform the movement with a heavy dumbbell and low reps for power or with a lighter weight and more reps for killer conditioning.
Dumbbell Exercise Steps:
- Stand over a dumbbell with feet shoulder width.
- Grab the dumbbell with a straight arm and your palm facing back. Maintain a flat back and keep your eyes on the horizon.
- Explosively extend your hips and knees and rip the dumbbell straight up like a lawnmower.
- As the dumbbell clears your hips do a quick acceleration pull to catch the dumbbell in the rack position. The corner of the dumbbell will rest on your shoulder, your wrist will remain straight, and your elbow will be close to your body.
- Reverse the movement without letting the dumbbell jerk or pull you forward.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Frustrated with your results? Click below. We can help!